This November Blackshaw is trying something a little different. Rather than our usual New Writing Night, on Wednesday 25th November we’d like you to join us for our first (dare we say the first?) Scare Slam. Taking the idea of a story slam – made famous by The Moth – but giving it a gentler, more artsy touch by allowing story reading and using notes rather than the more conventional storytelling without any notes.
The Moth’s excellent storytelling tips can be found here but don’t fret about reading from notes for our Scare Slam!
We look forward to seeing you all there and hearing a spooky tale from some of you!
To get involved
To get a place as a storyteller ahead of the night, contact Helen, event organiser and Blackshaw’s Associate Producer of Radio Drama
Alternatively, just turn up and put your name in the hat to have a chance of getting on stage open mic style.
- Maximum 7 mins per story
- Tellers can have notes or read a pre written piece
- All work must be original to the teller
- Stories can be fictional or true or a combination
- As it’s storytelling there will be no lighting or sound or props
- We’ll be recording the event and broadcasting it on The Blackshaw Arts Hour on Wandsworth Radio
- The event will take place upstairs at the Horse and Stables, nearest tube Lambeth North. 7.30pm start
- There’s no pay and no prize- it’s all for the fun and for the glory